Search Engine Optimization (SEO) AKA Internet Marketing
1. Setup Google Analytics
2. Setup Google Webmaster tool
3. Setup Social Bookmarking with Media bars on your pages
4. Press Release Submissions
5. Blog Comments
6. Create pages on your social websites and link them to your website
7. Unique, 400 word press release
8. Google and Bing Search Engine Submission. Yahoo or other search engines upon request.
9. Create accounts on Yelp.com and BBB.org and link to your web. Negotiate with a customer who left “negative Remarks” as third party.
10. Create and change Meta tags/Title tag. Monitor progress and keep history in changes.log
11. Keyword research/Analysis
12. Few your Competitors Analysis and your market detailed Logistics
13. Heading tag changes
14. Alt tag changes
15. Interlinking wherever required by your field of market
16. Improving your Internet (technical) credentials if necessary. E.g. your web/domain or email are on “Blacklisted Public IP”
17. HTML Site Map
18. XML site map and Submission in webmaster tool
19. Creation Ror.XML File
20. Create Robots.txt File
21. Google map your company location(s) pointer(s)
Time Frame and Success definitions
Success: Your website is among top 25 or 50 entries of the first search page. Predefined Search phrase(s) should be included in our contract.
Time Frame: 2-8 weeks after completion and testing of your PRODUCTION (vs development environment) website
Success and Time Frame depend on how competitiveness of your industry!
For Example, I spent 6 hours and after one week Success was achieved on the following search phrase “International LDS Business Civic Association”. The client’s website (sf.ldspa.org) is now the second item on the first Google search page. Why was it so easy? Because that client’s field is narrower with fewer competitors. Usually I spend days to develop the SEO and it may take a month for car dealers or others in such highly-competitive industries. Another example is for airtempheat.com. The search phrase:”furnace Carbon County Utah” brings the client’s website to the third line and the first map on a Google search. That effort required 20 hours and 4 weeks to adjust.
What can affect or destroy Success? (in order of severity):
1. Subdomain (especially Domain) changes or relocation to a different public IP (Web Server).
2. Your competitors hire a better webmaster or developer and kick you out to the second search results page during the year.
3. Negative remarks from your customers or ANY Negative Social Media remarks related to your domain name.
4. The length of time SEO is neglected. We charge $50-$250 per month to support the Success.
5. Changing CMS (or converting your website to different system), theme or SEO plugin almost never affects the Success if such changes have been made by a professional webmaster trained in the SEO field.